The short answer: Supima® is a premium Extra-long staple Pima cotton that is VERIFIED by the American Supima Association. Most Egyptian cotton is not grown in Egypt, it is grown in China and India. And there is also no verification system for Egyptian cotton (as there is with American Supima®.) So consumers really don’t know if they are getting a high-quality cotton or not. Check out more information HERE and an article in the Wall Street Journal HERE.
Articles in this section
- Is your cotton organic?
- Do you offer sateen sheets?
- Are your sheets 100% Cotton?
- What is the deal with Thread-Count, Egyptian vs Supima cotton and Percale vs Sateen weaves?
- Are your sheets wrinkle-free or non-iron?
- What is your thread-count and why is it not 800, 900 or 1000 thread-count?
- Why did you choose Supima® cotton rather than Egyptian cotton?
- Percale vs Sateen. Which sheets are right for me?